20-21 Visual Arts Centre opened its doors in 2001 in what is the former St. John’s church, Scunthorpe.
Encompassing a wide range of media, subjects and artistic approaches, we present a mixture of in-house curated exhibitions, touring shows and exhibitions developed in partnership with fellow creative organisations. We also produce and deliver our own touring exhibitions to other galleries nationally, and offer an extensive education programme for all ages and abilities.
Find us at...
- 20-21 Visual Arts Centre
- St John's Church
- Church Square
- DN15 6TB
Our family-friendly offer
- Come and relax, exploring the exhibitions in the spectacular setting of the former St. John's Church building. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre has five gallery spaces showing inspiring work by leading contemporary artists, craft and design makers.
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre at our relaxed and stylish cafe serving hot and cold meals, snacks and refreshments. There are childrens meals, high chairs, the ability to heat baby milk, we are a breast feeding friendly venue and there is a unisex baby changing facility available.
- If you are looking for that ideal gift 20-21's Gallery Shop has unusual, special and distinctive artist made items for every taste and budget. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre offers a wide variety of events and artist led workshops through out the year, we also offer an education service with creativity and learning at its core.
- For under 5's we offer our free Stick and Splodge sessions, once a month and in the main gallery we offer free daily, drop in activities on our activity table, suitable for all ages. Under 8's must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our venue is all on one level for easy access.
- 20-21 is fully accessible and has an easy access toilet.
- The reception desk and education room are equipped with an induction loop and there is a wheel chair available.
- There are parking spaces for blue badge holders adjacent to the centre, on the High Street.
- Public transport is with in easy reach of the venue.
FREEScunthorpe14 October 2017
The Big Draw is the world’s largest annual drawing festival, with this year's theme being 'Living Lines: An Animated Big Draw Festival.' As usual, 20-21 is taking part, so come on down to Church...Age Friendly
FREEScunthorpe28 October 2017
Join us once again for our ever-popular Pumpkin Day. We’ve got spooky fun for all the family with our ghostly-themed activity table. Not to mention plenty of pumpkin carving!Age Friendly
FREEScunthorpe19 May 2018
Museum’s at Night is when galleries and heritage sites across the country open their doors for an evening of creative, cultural fun.Age Friendly
FREE09 December 2017
Get in the Christmas spirit with our festive family workshop this December. The last Artivities Extra workshop of 2017, we’ll be making sock snowmen – the perfect homemade Christmas decora...Age Friendly