Age of Creativity Festival 2017Read More
- 01-Oct-2017 - 14-Oct-2017
- Age of Creativity
Creativity and culture is good for you, particularly in later life. Learning from the amazing work of Bealtaine in Ireland, Luminate in Scotland and Gwanwyn in Wales, the Age of Creativity Festival will celebrate an eclectic programme of national, regional, local and community events from across England. The festival fortnight will shine a light on the diverse work that is going on up and down the country in this field and raise the profile of what we do with a collective voice. But we need your help to make it happen! We need venues, organisations, teams and individuals to create opportunities for older people to take part in creative and cultural activities as participants, audience members, volunteers and artists.
The Age of Creativity team is delivering three free national events:
- ‘Love Later Life: Creative and Cultural Participation for older people’, 12th October, SOLD OUT
- Research event: ‘Do the arts and culture really impact the health and wellbeing of older people?’, 13th October
- ‘Ageing Provocateurs’, online event running throughout the festival fortnight
- Circus, Dance, Art, Film, Music, Theatre, Literary
- 1st - 14th October at Venues across England
FREEOxford12 October 2017
FREEStoke-on-Trent01 October 2017
New Vic Theatre, Keele University and Age UK North Staffordshire will be celebrating age in the Live Age Festival, which returns to North Staffordshire from Friday 29 September to Sunday 1 October.
FREELondon29 September 2017
Open to everyone, inclusive of all ages, the opportunity to learn some animation skills with Anne Kinnaird from arts practitioners Letting in the Light. Letting in the Light are experienced com...