Families Awards shortlist announced!
- 07 January 2019
Congratulations to those shortlisted for this year's Fantastic for Families Awards!
25 arts and cultural organisations have been recognised for their outstanding contribution to arts and culture for families during the last year.
Judged by a panel of experts from the creative sector, awards recognise the outstanding events that took place during 2018 and the exemplary family-friendly organisations and venues that welcomed families.
Best Family Event
The very best family events of 2018 with genuine appeal and suitability for different age groups attending or participating together.
- Bamboozle Theatre Company for Kelda’s Quest
- Big Fish Little Fish for Fifth Anniversary Family Rave at Fabric
- MK Gallery for Art and Us
- Royal Collection Trust and Turquoise Mountain for Woodworking, Pottery and Painting
- Southbank Sinfonia for Southbank Sinfonia’s Family Concert
- Tate Exchange for 20 Days
- The Whitworth for Playtime
- Wild Rumpus for Just So Festival 2018
- Yorkshire Sculpture Park for Hidden Forest Open Day
Best Family Welcome
This award covers all areas of the visitor experience including staff welcome, the venue's facilities, and strong communication of relevant information, creating a smooth and positive experience for families.
- darts (Doncaster Community Arts)
- Liverpool Philharmonic
- Mercury Theatre
- St George's Bristol
Best Family Venue
Suitability of the venue's facilities for families, taking extra care to meet the needs of a wide range of families and provide a high quality of experience for those visiting the venue.
- Brave Bold Drama
- Brighton Open Air Theatre (BOAT)
- National Maritime Museum
- The Hullabaloo (Theatre Hullabaloo)
- The Point (Doncaster Community Arts)
Best Age-Friendly Welcome
Recognising outstanding provision for older family members, including staff welcome, communication and the venue and its facilities in accommodating the needs of older people.
Audience Choice Award: voted for by you
- To be revealed at the Fantastic for Families awards ceremony 11th February.
So what's happening near you? You can search here to find the best family events and organisations in your region.