Our vision is to protect the legacy of Brunel and the SS Great Britain and inspire engineers and entrepreneurs of the future.
Brunel's SS Great Britain tells the incredible story of one of Britain's greatest engineers and one of the most important ships in maritime history.In 1970, the SS Great Britain Project brought the rusting shell of the SS Great Britain home from the Falkland Islands, braving 8,000 miles of stormy sea, in an attempt to save it from ruin and keep its story alive. That 'project' became the SS Great Britain Trust, and today with your help, we continue to care for the ship and Brunel collections for the good of everybody, for all time.
Brunel's SS Great Britain is now Bristol's number one visitor attraction, with two museums and the lovingly restored Victorian ship, a leading research centre, a wedding venue and a purpose built conference facility.
Our family-friendly offer
- Free family activities and children's audio guide included in ticket price
- Under 5s go free
- A variety of family ticket options available
- Free family storytelling, first Tuesday of every month
- Child-friendly café menu and microwave to heat baby milk/food
- Highchairs provided in café
- Ramps/lifts for buggy access
- Gift shop
- Car parking (pay and display with partial refund for visitors to the ship)
- Car parking for blue badge holders
- Assistance dogs welcome
- Free entry for assistance and carers
- Fully accessible for wheelchair users
- Audio companions for blind and partially-sighted visitors
- Guides for British Sign Language (BSL) users