Adult Education Service, East Riding of Yorkshire Council is a venue in which adults can engage in systematic and sustained self-educating activities in order to gain new forms of knowledge, skills, attitudes, or values. The education varies from traditional schooling, encompassing basic literacy to personal fulfillmet as a lifelong learner.
Adult education at the Adult Education service takes place in three forms:
- Formal – Structured learning that typically takes place in an education or training institution, usually with a set curriculum and carries credentials;
- Non-formal – Learning that is organised by educational institutions but non credential. Non-formal learning opportunities may be provided in the workplace and through the activities of civil society organisations and groups;
- Informal education – Learning that goes on all the time, resulting from daily life activities related to work, family, community or leisure (e.g. community baking class)
Find us at...
- Adult Education Service, East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council County Hall
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- HU17 9BA