Having recently celebrated its 115th Birthday, Wigmore Hall is livelier than ever, offering music-making of outstanding quality and an array of activities in the broader community. With its infectious...
Having recently celebrated its 115th Birthday, Wigmore Hall is livelier than ever, offering music-making of outstanding quality and an array of activities in the broader community. With its infectious sense of adventure, it consistently captures the public imagination and broadens its audiences’ horizons.
Wigmore Hall’s focus is on great musical works, best experienced with a powerful sense of immediacy. The repertoire extends 250 years on either side of Beethoven (born 1770) – from the Renaissance to contemporary jazz and new commissions from today’s most exciting composers.
Bringing this music to life are the world’s most sought-after soloists and chamber musicians. Wigmore Hall also provides a showcase for exceptional young artists — some making their professional London debuts — and remains an essential platform as their careers flourish.
Discreetly nestled in Central London, the Hall – renowned for its intimacy, crystalline acoustic and beautiful interior complete with an Arts and Crafts cupola above the stage – has a capacity of 552 seats, but draws in audiences from far and wide through its enterprising use of digital media and its ambitious learning programme; these go beyond concert audiences to embrace schools, nurseries, hospitals, community centres and care homes.
Find us at...
- Wigmore Hall
- 36 Wigmore Street
- W1U 2BP
Our family-friendly offer
- Family friendly concerts and events
- Events for Under 5s
- Free concert scheme for 8 - 25 year olds
- Space to store buggies and scooters
- Unisex baby changing facilities
- Booster cushions available for performances
- Space to eat packed lunches
- Level access from Wigmore Street into the Auditorium
- The lower ground floor facilities are accessible by lift
- There is level access from Wigmore Street into the Auditorium
- The restaurant and lower ground floor facilities are accessible by lift
- There is a fully accessible toilet on the lower ground floor
- Wheelchair spaces in the Auditorium are sold at 70% of the full price tickets (discount is also extended to a designated companion, if required)
- There is a Loop system to help hearing aid users receive clear sound without background noise
- Patrons are welcome to take guide dogs or hearing dogs into the Auditorium or we are happy to look after them for you.
- Large print versions of brochures are available
Our At-Home Activities
Free live streamed concerts, resources and activities for families, teachers and learners at home0 - 16 years