The Garage is a hub for performing arts located in Norwich which supports the creative journeys of artists, participants and audiences. It is managed by The Garage Trust, a registered charity and limited liability company.The venue is an important creative hub for the communities of Norfolk and beyond, working with local and national partners to provide high quality theatre programming, participation, education and training for all ages. It is a place for everyone but has a particular focus on young people from all backgrounds.
The year round programme includes open access performing arts classes, projects, live performances and support for the development of new creative work. Local delivery is complimented by national partnerships and delivery of strategic initiatives which develop the sector. Each year its team produce a wide range of Productions both young people and professional for partners, stakeholders and commissioners. The charity has a strong emphasis on engaging those with least access to the arts, particularly young people.
The outreach team works with founders, local authorities, schools, statutory agencies and referral partners to deliver year-round access, inclusion and development initiatives based both at The Garage and beyond. In addition to the work delivered by the trust, the facilities are hired by community, education and arts groups in order for them to deliver their own activities.
Find us at...
- The Garage
- 14 Chapel Field North
If you are attending a performance or event in the auditorium, then please let us know as far in advance as possible if you have any special needs or access requirements. This will allow us to meet your needs more effectively
- There is a flat level entrance with automatic doors
- Each of the studios has a flat entrance and those not on the ground floor can be reached via the lift
- We have a loading bay outside The Garage which can be used for cars to drop off.
- Although there is no parking on site, the nearest Blue Badge Holder Parking is located opposite the Theatre Royal (Approximately 2 minutes away).
- There are wheelchair accessible toilets with shower on each main floor and in dressing room 3 with colour contrast.
- The signage on internal doors is duplicated in braille
ONLINE AND PRINT
- If you would like the booking information in large print or on a different coloured paper then just let us know
- We've tried to make our website as accessible as possible. Do contact us if you have suggestions for improvement
All service dogs are welcome in the building
AUDIO-DESCRIBED, CAPTIONED AND SIGNED PERFORMANCES
We have regular audio-described, captioned or Signed performances – dates are listed on individual production pages.
Relaxed performances are specially designed performances that have been adapted to create a supportive atmosphere for people with autism spectrum conditions, learning disabilities and other sensory and communication disorders.
Norwich13-Dec-2019 10:15 AM
High in a tower, Rapunzel sits by the hour, waiting for the day she can explore the world below. Is she a prisoner or just being kept safe from the world outside by her overbearing mother, Dame Gothel...0 - 7 years
Kings lynn16-Dec-2019 10:15 AM - 12:15 PMMy first Panto - Little red riding hood
Red is off to take cakes and sweets to her ill Granny who lives far, far away in the enchanted woods. On the way she meets a stranger who is very interested in Granny and all may not be quite as it se...0 - 7 years