The American Museum takes you on a journey through the shared history of America, from its early settlers to the twentieth century. With its remarkable collection of folk and decorative arts, displayed in original period rooms from the US. All set within a fine Georgian manor house, gardens and parkland, and with outstanding views on the edge of Bath.
Find us at...
- American Museum & Gardens
- Claverton Manor
- BA2 7BD
Our family-friendly offer
The American Museum is a place of discovery for families of all ages. Some of the things we offer are:
- 25 acre site with formal gardens and woodland
- Museum explorer backpacks for 3 age ranges.
- Hands on traditional and tech based interactives throughout the Museum
- Dedicated family events programme including drop-in craft activities that are included within normal admissions, ticketed workshops exclusively for kids or teenagers, and a family focus to our ‘big days’, for example our Independence Day celebrations
- Kids lunch boxes and small portions for all family members
- Welcome All and Dementia Friends trained for Visitor Experience Team
- Accessible toilet and unisex baby changing facilities in 2 on site locations see our access guide
- We are a dog friendly destination so all the family can enjoy their day out.
All our museum buildings are fully wheelchair accessible with accessible paths surrounding the New American and Mount Vernon Gardens.
Our Visitor Experience Team is Welcome All trained and are Dementia Friends
You can find out more by calling or emailing before your visit or through our access guide on our website
Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere.