20-21 Visual Arts Centre opened its doors in 2001 in what is the former St. John’s church, Scunthorpe.
Encompassing a wide range of media, subjects and artistic approaches, we present a mixture of in-house curated exhibitions, touring shows and exhibitions developed in partnership with fellow creative organisations. We also produce and deliver our own touring exhibitions to other galleries nationally, and offer an extensive education programme for all ages and abilities.
Find us at...
- 20-21 Visual Arts Centre
- St John's Church
- Church Square
- DN15 6TB
Our family-friendly offer
- Come and relax, exploring the exhibitions in the spectacular setting of the former St. John's Church building. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre has five gallery spaces showing inspiring work by leading contemporary artists, craft and design makers.
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of the town centre at our relaxed and stylish cafe serving hot and cold meals, snacks and refreshments. There are childrens meals, high chairs, the ability to heat baby milk, we are a breast feeding friendly venue and there is a unisex baby changing facility available.
- If you are looking for that ideal gift 20-21's Gallery Shop has unusual, special and distinctive artist made items for every taste and budget. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre offers a wide variety of events and artist led workshops through out the year, we also offer an education service with creativity and learning at its core.
- For under 5's we offer our free Stick and Splodge sessions, once a month and in the main gallery we offer free daily, drop in activities on our activity table, suitable for all ages. Under 8's must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our venue is all on one level for easy access.
- 20-21 is fully accessible and has an easy access toilet.
- The reception desk and education room are equipped with an induction loop and there is a wheel chair available.
- There are parking spaces for blue badge holders adjacent to the centre, on the High Street.
- Public transport is with in easy reach of the venue.
Our At-Home Activities
Holocaust Memorial Day falls on 27 January - the anniversary of the of the liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp in 1945. Schools around the world will be marking the day, and we're joining ...5 - 10 years
This is a great painting activity that all the family can have a go at. It's great for those lacking in confidence - you're just painting dots. However, it's also a really good way to get to know wate...1 - 16 yearsAge Friendly
This short video is an exercise in learning to let the brush do the work and discovering what effects are achievable when using watercolours. Often beginners will overwork watercolour paints and will ...2 - 16 yearsAge Friendly
This is a wonderfully spooky Day of the Dead decoration, perfect for decorating your house this Spooky Season. It's straightforward to make - there's quite a bit of cutting out so it should keep kids ...5 - 16 years
Here's a fun way to experiment with mark-making, by making your own unique paintbrushes from natural materials. 20-21 Visual Arts Centre's Learning Development Assistant Jen has created a time lapse v...0 - 8 years
This jointed karate kid figure is easy to make and great as a puppet or to have a go at stop motion animation. Download and print out your template at http://tinyurl.com/kickingkaratekid.5 - 16 years
- Show more